Web Presence Is Essential
In today age of information technology it is essential for everyone to have a web
presence, for companies, organizations, individuals.
Web presence is location on internet world wide web,
examples for web presence are website, blog, social network profile.
Follows some of the necessary steps to create a web presence.
Domain Name Registration
Domain name is identification string on internet that can be used for
website email or other purpose, for example http://domain1.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
When registering domain name consider to:
- Include brand in domain name.
- Use letters, not numbers or other symbols.
- Use known words that are easy to remember.
- Use words related to the purpose of the website.
- Use short domain name.
Domain names can be registered with domain name registrars.
The registration process can be done online with credit card for price about 12 USD for year.
Some of the first steps to create web presence is to create a website.
To have a website it is necessary to build the website and to acquire web hosting, there is also option to use free web hosting service.
Build a website
There are some factors to consider when building a website.
- The content should be created based of the purpose and audience.
- The metadata semantics and keywords should be created based on the content.
- The design and typography should be created for different devices as computers and phones.
Acquiring web hosting
Web hosting service is a space on computer server on internet that can be used to publish a website,
it can be used online with control panel and other tools.
Web hosting technology depends on the technology of the website that has to be published, there are Linux and Windows packages, for example to publish WordPress website it is required Linux web hosting service.
Using free web hosting service
There are also free web hosting services like http://wordpress.com but the website will be published on others domain name for example http://domain1.wordpress.com
Social Network Profiles
Social network profiles are important for web presence, there are many social networks that can be used to create personal and company profiles.
Some of the web activities that can be useful for web presence are:
- Tweets on Twitter.
- Articles and posts on blogs and social networks.
- Comments on articles and posts.
Author: Ivo Gjorgjievski